Status

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:20 PM
Hi,

Im just wondering what still needs to be done and is missing from the source code check in you did?

Rgds,
Chris
Coordinator
Jul 29, 2008 at 8:40 AM
The biggest omission is the new template bundle registration code. There's quite a few new API methods that I haven't done yet as well.

Bill
Aug 7, 2008 at 7:35 PM
Hello,
any news on your progress? Do you need help?

Regards,
Domagoj
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM
This has been a crazy week. I've had a couple deployments, my birthday, and lots of project meetings. I haven't had a chance to finish things up. However, the good news is that I've been wrestling with the new profile something fierce, so I think I have a better bead on a few things having lived through it.

Bill
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008 at 11:17 PM
At this point, I am not ready to accept help for development but I will definitely need some during testing. And I'll appreciate it considerably!

Bill
Aug 15, 2008 at 8:43 AM
Hi Bill,

Give us a shout when you have a fairly stable base and I'll upgrade my existing app to use your code (on a test site), which will help me get upto speed anyway.

I wont be using the API in full anger like you guys at the moment, but it should help uncover any showstoppers.

Heres my app - 

http://apps.facebook.com/findwtm/

If I can try to help in a more structured way please let me know.

Regards,
Matt
Aug 31, 2008 at 8:22 PM
Hi Bill,

Appreciate your very busy, and you have no obligation to progress or even share your latest code, but have you any idea if things are coming to fruition or is nikhil going to help you progress?

I dont have the time to contribute at present, and am thinking of moving over to the facebook toolkit as it looks like it will be supported in the future and may therefore be worth the pain of the move.

Either way, good luck with your app,

Regards,
Matt
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Sorry for the lack of progress. I can guarantee that Facebook Toolkit will be better supported than either this project or Facebook.NET because someone is getting paid to develop and support it. I need Facebook.NET in my daily life, but my employer has explicitly told me that I am only to work on it in my free time. My free time (with three going on four kids and other interests) is limited. I'd like to move to adding more developers to the project, but I'm not sure how to judge developer quality in such a distributed situation and I'd hate to grant checkin power to someone who could ruin the code.

With the imminent switchover to the new profile, I've got to get cracking on this framework. I'll work on it tonight and try to wrap things up by Monday so that at least some testing can occur before the old profile disappears.

Bill
Sep 13, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it so hard to get the time.

Anything you can post would be great, no bother either way :)
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2008 at 4:29 AM
I've got some time now so I'm going to get this damn thing resolved. It's a massive psychic load having this unfinished. I blame Facebook primarily because it's still very much a moving target.

I haven't heard a thing from Nikhil since that original contact--I guess he's even busier than I am--so I'm presuming that FB.NET is going to be an ongoing fork. Once I get this initial release in the bag, I'm definitely going to be looking to grow this beyond me and Nikhil.

Bill
Oct 7, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Any updates?
Developer
Oct 20, 2008 at 8:14 PM
I've got most of the template bundle stuff taken care of, but I have some cleanup and some functions to finish out.  I shot a very rough copy to Bill to review what I've done so far.  I haven't heard back.  I've been bogged down rewriting my application to work with the framework changes, so I haven't finished out the retrieving of registered template bundles...but it should have everything you need to publish user actions and register a new bundle.

The new way of doing this makes actually publishing to a feed much easier and more comfortable...however it opens a new can of worms.  Managing your template bundles and persisting the bundle IDs.  You either need to create an admin tool for you app to keep track of this or plug in an automated way (which is what I did) of managing template bundles.  I'm using the appSettins in the web config coupled with some xml files in the root web directory. Right now for me time is of the essence.Once I'm done with this I'll finish up the rest.  I've had some side projects on the side that are actually paying me, so its been tough to squeeze in.  This week, though!

If Bill adds me as a developer I can make a release of this baby or at least check in my part of the code and Bill can make a release.